- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large onion – diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- Oil (Vegetable or Olive)
- Salt & Pepper
- Parsley or cilantro / optional
- Cut the eggplant to 1″ cubes. Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat about 1/4 cup oil in a deep skillet, add the onions and saute until light brown.
- Add the drained eggplant cubes to the skillet and continue sauteing until the the onion are dark brown and the eggplant is soft.
- Peel the eggs.
Now you have a few options:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Run until it is all mashed and mixed.
- Use a potato masher to mix and blend.
- My favorite: A pastry blender! use to mash and mix all ingredients. Chunks are good!
- Sprinkle chopped parsley or cilantro on top.